How Azure Can Help the Public Sector to Innovate and Stay Resilient
As cloud computing evolves rapidly in this digital era, it is essential for the public sector to grab new opportunities, avail modern technologies, innovate and digitally transform their workloads for exceptional operational efficiency. Not just that, modern cloud technologies will enhance your brand reputation and boost user experience to a great extent.
Switching to cloud will open up the doors for myriads of benefits such as AI, machine learning, advanced data analytics, flexibility, scalability, and security. Recently, the UK Government had recognized the potential of cloud computing and adopted a “public cloud-first” policy. Such an approach is bound to improve employee productivity, derive real-time insights, streamline public sector services and operations, and deliver great experiences for citizens.
Microsoft Azure is one such cloud technology that has helped various social care agencies, police departments, and NHS Trusts with its AI capabilities.
Azure for Public Sector Innovation
For the public sector and government-industry across the globe, Microsoft is a robust public multi-tenant cloud infrastructure that is able to deploy various solutions.
The well-integrated platform has potential public cloud capabilities that deliver resiliency, operational efficiency, cost savings, rapid feature growth, security, and deeper data isolation levels. Besides, it is also able to manage workloads spread across complex data classifications, be it classified or unclassified data.
Leveraging Microsoft Azure intelligent edge abilities and data isolation technologies (Databox Edge and Azure Stack), the public sector industry can process highly confidential data in a secure, well-isolated environment at the edge or within Azure public multi-tenant platforms while having full operational control.
How can Azure Help the Public Sector to Stay Resilient?1. Leverage modern cloud capabilities
By opting for Microsoft Azure, the public sector will be able to access its unique capabilities and pricing benefits. To make it a cost-effective solution, Azure collaborates with CCS (Crown Commercial Service) to set up a new non-binding Azure Pricing Arrangement (APA). The APA is built upon the recently launched Cloud Guide for PS and One Government Cloud Strategy. APA’s main objective is to offer discounted pricing to customers, best value for money, and advantageous terms in a package for all public sector agencies opting for Azure.
With this, public sector organizations will be able to:
- Boost their hybrid cloud journey: Azure allows the public sector industry to protect their existing investments on legacy systems by providing tools that commercially support multi-cloud and hybrid cloud capabilities.
- Derive advanced data insights and empower application development toolchain: Leveraging modern Azure tools such as Azure AI and Power Platform (including PowerAutomate, PowerApps, Power Virtual Agents, and Power BI) will allow public sector agencies to rapidly develop services that can derive invaluable user insights from a vast amount of data. Moreover, Azure GitHub offers a highly extensive platform in the world to share code so that the public sector industry can collaborate and reap benefits from the largest forum of code sharing. The APA (Azure Pricing Arrangement) will also allow public sector corporations to accelerate their hybrid cloud journey and leverage essential strategies from Cloud Guide for PS.
- Attain sustainability: Microsoft is striving to be entirely carbon negative by the year 2030. That is the reason why using Azure can allow the public sector to take advantage of their well-constructive, tangible, and positive future objectives regarding the health of climate
With Azure, public sector customers will experience shared responsibilities in developing and running resilient systems and applications. Public sector agencies will be able to stay resilient in the long run as their workloads become more reliable due to implementing backup, disaster recovery, high availability, and monitoring capabilities on the trusted Azure cloud.
3. Turbocharge Innovation
It can be quite challenging for the public sector to innovate as their systems and infrastructure are more complex, and budget is constricted. But, Azure Pricing Arrangement provides them with an inventive opportunity to re-develop their services for citizens so as to make the operations more scalable and resilient.
Leverage the remarkable Azure abilities of machine learning, AI, and advanced data analytics to quickly analyze large amounts of government data.
- Azure Cognitive Services is one of the latest Azure services that help developers utilize AI, even if they don’t have immense machine learning expertise.
- Azure Synapse Analytics is another service that integrates Big Data Analytics and enterprise data warehousing.
- Apart from this, Azure Blockchain Services allows government agencies to quickly build, design, develop and expand blockchain networks at scale, so they can use new ways to monitor, track and secure sensitive data across distributed citizen processes.
- Lastly, Azure Digital Twins utilizes spatial intelligence graphs to design complex physical environments to elucidate interactions and links between devices, people, and places. With these insights, public sector firms can learn new opportunities to improve citizen experiences, improve their workspaces, and derive new efficiencies in their operations.
Hone up the knowledge of Azure of your employees and upskill their technical expertise. Microsoft Learn is a service featuring on-demand, free learning modules that help government employees up-skill and learn Azure technologies.
Besides, they can also get their hands on renowned Microsoft Certifications such as AI Engineers and Azure Data Scientist. This will futureproof the careers of the expert employees and allow them to reap maximum benefits from Azure.
5. Security comes first
Security is one of the vital components for every organization, but especially for the public sector as they contain massive dataset of sensitive and highly confidential information. Azure offers you the ability to create Next-Gen security operations with its AI and cloud technologies to make sure you meet regulatory stands and compliance needs.
Azure Sentinel is a hi-tech service with advanced AI and security analytics that allows you to pinpoint, detect, secure, and immediately respond to threats throughout your entire organization.
Azure Security Center is another robust service that empowers data centers’ IT integrity and offers advanced protection against threats across all On-Prem and cloud workloads.